CSCD 506 Assignment Three
Exploring CS Publications
Due Date: October 10th, 2018
In this short assignment, you will have the chance to access several of the CS Databases
presented in class or through the EWU Libraray
Use at least three separate sources for this assignment. The assignment is to perform
a search for a topic or author of your choice. Do the same search in each of the three sources.
For example: Microsoft Academic, DBLP and Citeseer.
- Compare and contrast the three sources. How different were the results returned? Describe
the results. Number returned, organization of results, options for refining the search and anything else you felt was useful.
- Are there statistics or rankings that seem better or more useful from a particular source? Describe them.
- If you had to choose just one source, which would it be and why? Also, are all the sources
you chose useful? Why or why not.
- Describe a strategy for finding the top ranked conferences and journals in your research area.
- Describe a strategy for finding the top researchers in your research area.
- Read the history of the Impact Factor. Do you feel it is important in identifying the best papers?
Write up the results and bring them to class on the due date, Wednesday, October 10th.
We will discuss what you all found in exploring the literature databases.