Part 1 - RSA Algorithm
1. Read Ch. 11 in your text for a very brief explanation.
Read the following links for more indepth coverage:
Holowczak.com's RSA Page: RSA Page
SageMath Tutorial: SageMatch Tutorial
ScienceBlog: Science Blog Page
2. After reading about RSA above, run the following applet here, Holowczak Applet on RSA
3. Answer the following questions about RSA
a. Who invented it and when?
b. How is it used in todays world?
c. What makes RSA secure? Describe the type of math or anything else you know about the generation of the keys
Part 2 - Exploring Hashes
1. Read about hashes in your text, Chapter 11
2. Complete the project at the end of Chapter 11 in your text, Project 11-2 Command Line Hashes, pg. 440
a. Do all the steps and answer the questions
b. Plus, answer one more question, Are there any problems published with regards to MD4 or MD5 or other hashes?