CSCD434 Network Security
Due: April 5th
This first assignment is to test out your email and make sure we
can communicate with each other. I also want to see how well you can write.
The final purpose of this assignment is to see if you can follow directions.
Read the tasks below and carry out the written instructions.
1. Send me an email using your preferred email address.
Subject line should read: CSCD434 - Assignment 1.
Use the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attach a picture of yourself to the reply.
3. In the body of the email, answer the following questions to the best of your ability
- Include your first and last name.
- Define what the term Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) means in general. Where are several of the main CERTS in the US located? Provide URL's to these sites.
- What government agency was responsible for starting the Internet? What was the original purpose of the Internet?
- Define what this term means, "Center of Acacemic Excellence in Information Assurance (CAEIA)".
What is the closest CAEIA to EWU?
- Name two of the better known hacker groups and what is their claim to fame?
- When did the Stuxnet virus first appear? What was the purpose of this virus?
- Define the term DDoS. Describe briefly how DDoS works.
- Explain briefly what a rootkit does.
- What is Defcon? Hint. Something to do with hackers.
- List a recent incident associated with a data breach or hacker attack.