CSCD434 Network Security
Due: April 4th
Find the answers to the following security trivia questions:
Send me an E-mail with the answers and, include your name at the top of the email.
Please include the string: "CSCD434-Assignment1" in the Subject Line.
- Define what CERT means in general. What are the main CERTS in the US what is their task? Provide URL's to these sites.
- What government agency was responsible for starting the Internet? What was the original purpose of the Internet?
- Define what this term means, "Center of Acacemic Excellence in Information Assurance (CAEIA)".
What is the closest CAEIA to EWU?
- Name two of the better known hacker groups and what is their claim to fame?
- When did the Stuxnet virus first appear? What was the purpose of this virus?
- What is DDoS?
- Explain what a rootkit does.
- What is Defcon? Hint. Something to do with hackers.
- List a recent incident associated with a data breach or hacker incident